Cap de ses Salines
The Far the Cap de ses Salines is a lighthouse at the southern point of the Spanish Balearic island of Mallorca. It was built in 1863 at Cap de ses Salines and is still in operation today. The lighthouse is located about nine kilometers south of the small town of Ses Salines at the end of the highway MA-6110 and is not accessible by public transport in the municipality of Santanyí. \ N \ nThe Far the Cap de ses Salines was built by Emili Pou y Bonet and at 31 August 1863 put into operation. The land belonged to the Marquès del Palmer, who relinquished the compensation due to the State. The building consists of a cylindrical tower with a lantern and a double gallery. It is painted white and fitted with yellow-brown trims. The lantern has a gray-metallisés appearance and originally contained a mirror lens with 30 cm diameter of the Parisian firm Henry Lepaute. Two sailors were responsible for the maintenance of the tower.