Pilgrimage Church of Sant Salvador
The convent Santuari de Sant Salvador, founded in 1342 (span. Santuari de San Salvador) is located in 509 meters above sea level on the mountain Puig de Sant Salvador, near the town of Felanitx. \ N \ nThe Driving to the monastery is via a winding road, of the road Felanitx - going Porto Colom. The route offers many beautiful viewpoints, leads past a small chapel, a large stone cross from 1957 and the Christ the King monument in 1934. \ N \ nEven it affects the monastery rather simple and has fortified character, the monastery church is quite pompous. The sculptor Pere Coronero ornate baroque altar from the 15th century, which stands in the nave of the church. A replica of the Last Supper from the Puerta del Mirador La Seu Cathedral in Palma and a statue of Mary from the 13th century can be seen. \ N \ nOutside of the building is a 37 meter high tower, on which a seven meter high statue of Christ. \ n \ nMentionable is the panoramic view over the entire island. In the northwest you see the Serra de Tramuntana, the south-east with the island Cabrera and towards the north to Pollensa and Alcudia. The twelve to rent rooms were renovated in 2002. \ N \ nIn the anteroom of the monastery are exhibited six World Champion jerseys which native of Felanitx Guillermo Timoner won 1955-1965 the Stayers race track riders.