City Wall of Alcúdia
In the 16th century Alcúdia was repeatedly plagued by pirate attacks, after which the city walls have been extended to 1660 by a second ring of walls in the Renaissance style. Subsequently, the city lost its economic importance, which made itself felt at the 18th and 19th century considerably declining population, also as a result of epidemics, including the plague, noticeable. Even the expansion of the port for international trade in 1779 could not prevent this. Significantly broke in 1870 the old parish church from the 14th century together. It was rebuilt again until the year 1882 and received its current appearance until 1893.